Higher Performance Building on the Central Coast, All Electric Construction, Part 1: Heat Pumps for Heating and Cooling
Gain clarity and expertise on today’s higher performance all-electric construction. Part 1 of our two-part series will focus on heat pumps for space conditioning. Topics will include why heat pumps are quickly becoming the preferred system for heating and cooling, how they work, design considerations, sticking points and solutions, as well as cost variables. Emphasis will be on residential, multi-family and small commercial on the Central Coast or similar climates.
- Be able to explain the benefits of heat pump systems including health, cost and code compliance.
- Understand the components and delivery options for heat pumps in your project.
- Understand integration of ventilation and indoor air quality with heat pump design.
- Be able to evaluate potential construction constraints and pitfalls and provide solutions.
- Date: May 25, 2021
- Instructors: Jennifer Rennick, In Balance Green Consulting; Mike Horgan, In Balance Green Consulting
- Categories: High Performance; Heat Pumps