ON-DEMAND TRAINING FROM 3C-REN PARTNERS
Envelope & Air Sealing
- Air Tight Buildings (Introductory Course) (PG&E)
- Air Sealing for an Efficient New Home (15 min module) (PG&E)
- Attic-Roof Insulation and Air Sealing (PG&E)
- Residential Heating and Cooling System Design Basics
Part 1: Residential HVAC Design Basics (Coded Energy)
Part 2: Example House Using 3D HVAC Design Software (Coded Energy)
- Decoding What’s New: Let’s Talk 2019 Title 24, Part 6 – Residential (ECA)
- Decoding What’s New: Let’s Talk 2019 Title 24, Part 6 – Nonresidential (ECA)
- Code & Coffee: Residential Modeling – Simple New Construction Project (ECA)
- Code & Coffee: Residential Modeling – Simple New Construction Project, Part 2 Shading (ECA)
- Code & Coffee: Residential Modeling – Existing + Addition + Alteration Project (ECA)
- Decoding QII: Let’s Talk What’s Coming for HERS Quality Insulation Installation (ECA)
Other Training Resources
- BayREN: Register for upcoming live events and check out past event recordings available through BayREN here.
RESOURCES FOR HOUSEHOLDS & REBATES
Household Energy Education
- Visit our YouTube video library for tips, testimonials, and education. Find simple way to save energy and hear from households who’ve gone through our programs.
- Watch the Good Energy series to learn about common energy efficiency upgrades for your home.
Home Energy Savings
Offers free and discounted energy efficiency upgrades from more efficient lighting and showerheads to smart thermostats (and much more) to eligible homeowners and renters throughout San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara and Ventura Counties. Read more.
Federal Tax Credits
CPUC Self-Generation Incentive Program (SGIP)
The California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) Self-Generation Incentive Program (SGIP) offers energy storage rebates to install technologies like battery storage systems that provide back-up power in the event of an outage. In addition to a general market rebate, higher SGIP rebates that cover the majority of project costs are available to qualifying customers under the “Equity” and “Equity Resiliency” categories. Learn more: residential | non-residential.
GRID Alternatives is a nonprofit organization that brings the benefits of solar technology to communities that would not otherwise have access, providing needed savings for families, preparing workers for jobs in the fast-growing solar industry, and helping clean our environment.
Solarize is a program brought to you by the Community Environmental Council (CEC) that makes it simple and affordable for homeowners to go solar. Their group purchasing model helps local homeowners install solar electricity at a discounted price through a streamlined and hassle-free process.
Community Action Commission (CAC)
CAC seeks to create opportunities to help families achieve stability. Part of this effort includes offering free weatherization services and other energy services such as appliance repair to lower utility bills for income-qualified households in Santa Barbara County.
The Santa Barbara County Water Agency and local water providers offer rebates, education, helpful advice and free water check-ups for homes and businesses to help them save water and money. Ventura residents can view available resources at Ventura Water.