Higher Performance Building on the Central Coast, All Electric Construction, Part 2: Heat Pump Water Heaters and Other Electric Appliances
Gain clarity and expertise on today’s higher performance all-electric construction. Part 2 of our two-part series will focus on heat pump water heaters and other electric appliances. Topics will include why heat pumps are quickly becoming the preferred system for heating water, how they work, design considerations, sticking points and solutions, as well as cost variables. Emphasis will be on residential, multi-family and small commercial on the Central Coast or similar climates.
- Be able to explain the benefits of heat pump water heaters including health, cost and code compliance.
- Understand the components and delivery options for heat pump water heaters in your project.
- Understand how integration of other electric appliances can improve indoor air quality and optimize the use of renewable energy for energy cost savings.
- Be able to evaluate potential construction constraints and pitfalls and provide solutions.
- Date: June 8, 2021
- Instructors: Jennifer Rennick, In Balance Green Consulting; Mike Horgan, In Balance Green Consulting
- Categories: High Performance; Heat Pumps