The Role of Building Science in High Performance Buildings: Part 1 Science and Buildings
Integrating building science into building performance means better indoor and outdoor environmental quality, increased building durability and resilience, and less risk for building owners, communities, and the planet. This course builds from high school level biology, chemistry, and physical science to building science principles and their application to superior building performance. The role that building science can play in building electrification is a key outcome of this course.
- Explain how high school-level physical, chemical, and biological principles are expressed in buildings.
- Provide at least two basic examples of building science in action in a typical home or office.
- Convey how building science influences building performance with at least two basic examples.
- Assess the level of building performance of a student’s own home or office using class resources.
- Date: May 17, 2022
- Instructors: Peter Yost, Building Wright
- Categories: High Performance
- Presentation: Slide Deck