How to Market Yourself as a High-Performance Professional
“High-performance” professionals set themselves apart from traditional building professionals by exceeding conventional standards for energy efficiency, healthy indoor air quality, resilience, comfort, durability, and cost of maintenance. From renovations of existing buildings to new construction, high performance professionals play a critical role in creating buildings that meet our climate goals by cutting energy use and emissions and keeping building occupants safe and healthy.
Professionals who are focused on high-performance strategies, protocols, products, and/or systems will gain knowledge and skills to meet the challenge of identifying, engaging, and successfully communicating the value of high-performance to customers, decision makers and influencers in the building industry.
By incorporating targeted marketing, strategic questioning, and consultative selling concepts, this workshop teaches participants how to sell high performance jobs through enhanced marketing programs and sales practices. By learning to understand customer needs, participants can offer high-performance building solutions through a need-based value proposition.
- Attendees will be able employ the marketing model STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) to promote of their own high-performance capabilities and offerings in order to identify, attract, and qualify potential clients
- Attendees will gain expertise in communicating the elements of high-performance design, construction, and operation of new buildings, as well as the renovation/upgrading of existing buildings
- Attendees will understand the Customer Decision Making Process and be able to apply that understanding to their marketing/sales messages and materials
- Attendees will be able to tailor proposals and presentations so that they align with the situation, needs, and priorities of their potential clients
- Date: August 16, 2022
- Instructors: Jay Gentry, Con-Com T, Inc.
- Categories: Business Development, High Performance
- Presentation: Slide Deck