New 3C-REN program is a Win-Win for homeowners and contractors
3C-REN has launched an innovative program to increase residential electrification and energy savings. The Single Family Home Energy Savings program is simple—we pay contractors based on their customers’ energy savings. There are no lists of eligible measures: everything from duct sealing and heat pump projects to whole house retrofits can receive incentive payments if there are measured energy savings in the year the upgrades are implemented. The program rewards contractors based on how well their upgrades perform in the home.
We launched the program on May 5th (if you missed it, you can rewatch the webinar here). The webinar covered participation details and incentive payment estimating. Contractors must enroll in the program to be eligible for any incentive payments.
To encourage local contractors to serve hard-to-reach customers, program incentives are highest for the following customers:
- Primary language spoken other than English
- Mobile home residents
- Residents qualified for reduced utility rates
Incentives can be layered with other incentive offerings, such as TECH incentives for electrification. Want to learn more? Watch the launch webinar or complete an interest form at the link below.
High Performance Fundamentals Series Launches
Are you interested in a career in construction or design? Are you already in the field and looking to add to your skills and stand out on the job market? Are you a tradesperson, contractor or designer looking to offer the best service for your clients?
3C-REN’s new High-Performance Fundamentals series provides students, prospective professionals, and current building-industry professionals with the basics of building science and high-performing buildings.
High-performance buildings are more than just “green buildings”—they improve health, safety, and comfort while reducing energy costs and carbon footprints. The result is happier customers and increased value for your career or business.
Each month, industry-leading instructors will focus on essential knowledge, latest best practices, and current technologies that will help build your career or elevate your business in construction and design.
As the first offering of this training series, you are also invited to share your feedback and improvements for future attendees.
New Resources on the 3C-REN Website
Have you visited our new Energy Code Connect and Multifamily Home Energy Savings pages? As 3C-REN grows, so does our website!
- Energy Code Coach Blog: Stay up to date with Title 24 and other Energy Code news! Learn about nonresidential fenestration changes, ADUs, heat pump water heaters, and more!*
- On-Demand Training Slides: Did you miss a training? Now you have access to our past trainings and the accompanying slides, anytime.
- Multifamily Home Energy Savings: See a full matrix of eligible upgrades for property managers or owners to start planning their energy-saving improvements.
- Resource Library: Access important documents and reference forms for CalGreen and California Energy codes.
- Reach Code Support: Read on below to learn more about this new service!
chock full in 2022!
3C-REN offers ICC CEUs and AIA LUs for many of our educational events.