Is a Reach Code right for my city or town?
If your city is:
Seeking to improve energy efficiency and cost savings
Working toward goals for greenhouse gas reduction or carbon neutrality
Acting on a Climate Action Plan
Then a reach code can help you meet your goals. And if you are already interested in pursuing reach codes but are short on staff, outreach capacity, or technical expertise, 3C-REN can help.
Reach codes should be adopted by September 2022 to go into effect with the updated California Energy Code.
TDV cost-effective approaches for new buildings in Central Coast climate zones:
- All-Electric Prescriptive
- All-Electric Efficiency & PV
- Mixed Fuel Efficiency, PV, & Battery
How can 3C-REN help?
We can help you prepare for the 2022 Energy Code cycle. In partnership with Franklin Energy, our team offers no-cost expert guidance throughout the reach code adoption process.
Our support services include:
- Initial exploration and technical support from an experienced team of analysts and consultants
- Options modeling, expertise on different reach code types, CEC routes, and municipal code siting
- Education and outreach for staff, council members, industry professionals, and the public
- Development and review of draft ordinance language and technical reports
- Workforce education and training for contractors, code officials, and real estate professionals