Diagnosing Heating and Cooling Comfort Problems in Homes
Even when an HVAC system is installed perfectly and running fine, homeowners can still be dissatisfied with the comfort of their home. This class will cover how to diagnose thermal comfort problems in homes that are related to proper equipment sizing, register location, thermostat location, airflow and duct design.
Target audience: HVAC contractors, HERS raters, energy consultants.
- Understand why we heat and cool homes
- Understand the importance of proper equipment sizing
- Understand the importance of good airflow and duct design
- Understand how to “reverse engineer” a home’s design to diagnose comfort problems
- Understand the diagnostic tests available for diagnosing comfort problems