2022 Energy Code and Residential Envelopes
The building envelope has the biggest impact on energy use of any building component. It is what causes the heating and cooling system to run. It is important the envelope components, particularly windows, be built in strict accordance with the energy code. This includes more than just insulation. This class will cover the important plan check and field inspection items for envelopes that should be prioritized.
Target audience: building department code enforcement personnel
- Understand the overall compliance process, including how compliance forms are used.
- Learn how to prioritize your time when plan checking and field inspecting residential envelope components.
- Understand the purpose and application of envelope and fenestration performance values.
- Be familiar with best practices for Energy Code Compliance.
- Date: January 26, 2023
- Instructor: Russell King, CalCERTS
- Categories: Title 24, Envelopes
- Presentation : Slide Deck
- Handouts: First Story Example; Residential Mandatory Measures Summary; Compliance Process Flow Diagram