Residential Additions and the Energy Code
This one hour class is designed to train building department staff on how to improve enforcement of the CA Title 24 Energy Code as it applies to “residential additions”. An “Addition” is defined in the energy code as adding conditioned square footage and volume to an existing house. Additions have their own set of prescriptive measures and are treated specially in the performance approach, in that compliance for the addition can be achieved by making improvements to the existing house. This is called “Existing + Addition + Alteration” or “E+A+A.” This class will also discuss the compliance documentation needed for additions and how to use the HERS registries to keep track of them.
- Understand energy code requirements for residential additions.
- Understand the overall compliance process including how compliance forms are used.
- Understand how compliance forms are used.
- Maximize the benefit of HERS Registries to keep track of compliance forms.
- Be familiar with best practices for energy code Compliance.