Heat Pump Water Heaters for Energy Code (Public Sector)
As heat pump water heaters become more popular in residential applications, building departments need to be able to identify HPWHs on compliance documentation and in field, as well as understand how to enforce compliance with the California Energy Code 2019 Residential Standards.. This course will describe how to identify HPWHs and what the code requirements are for installation, with a specific focus on single family homes or where one HPWH serves one dwelling.
Audience: Building Departments and other public sector fields
- Understand the fundamentals of unitary (individual) heat pump water heaters (HPWHs).
- Be able to identify HPWHs in the field.
- Understand the energy code requirements for unitary HPWHs.
- Become familiar with the related compliance forms and documentation.
- Become familiar with Best Practices for Code Compliance.
Amy Dryden, Association for Energy Affordability
Russell Bayba, Franklin Energy
- Date: January 26, 2021
- Instructors: Amy Dryden, Association for Energy Affordability; Russell Bayba, Franklin Energy
- Categories: 2019 Energy Code, Heat Pumps, Electrification