Duct Leakage Testing: Basics and Beyond
Explore the basics of duct leakage testing. Learn how to set-up the home and equipment to quantify both total duct leakage and duct leakage to the outside. You will also learn the Half Nelson test. We will talk about ways to track down duct leaks along with using the duct leakage equipment to measure total system airflow. Best practices for duct testing including safety considerations, pressurization testing versus depressurization testing and any situations that prohibit using the duct testing equipment.
- Learn the consequences of duct leakage
- Have a procedure for setting up the equipment and home for both total duct leakage testing and duct leakage to the outside test
- Learn how to perform a Half Nelson test
- Have a sense of what it takes to find duct leaks
- Understand measuring total system airflow with the duct testing equipment