Home Remodeling – Fire Resiliency & Electrification
This class is designed for both homeowners and professionals who are planning residential remodeling projects, regardless of whether the remodel is focused on electrification or fire resiliency, or those are just part of a larger plan. In this 90-minute session, green home consultant Ann Edminster will describe electrification options along with upgrade opportunities that improve comfort while also reducing your home’s climate impacts and wildfire risks.
Learning Objectives: By attending this class, participants will learn—
- Why resiliency and electrification make sense together
- The benefits of a zero carbon, all-electric home, and the two core requirements to achieve that goal
- Two electric options for each of the four major gas-fueled household appliances, plus the major distinctions between them
- How to make a transition plan from gas to all-electric, emissions-free operation
- Audience: homeowners, general contractors, architects, and other building professionals