Accessory Dwelling Units (ADUs) and the Energy Code
Description: New state laws encourage accessory dwelling unit (ADU) construction to help meet the state’s housing needs. ADU requirements can be confusing, so join us to learn how they comply with the 2019 Energy and Green Building Codes.
Audience: Code officials, architects, designers, builders, contractors and other related fields.
- Understand what accessory dwelling units are
- Learn about energy and green building code requirements for new and existing conversion ADUs
- Clarify when solar is required, maximum and minimum square footage, and HVAC and water heating requirements, among others.
- Lauren Hotell, Franklin Energy
- Jennifer Rennick, In Balance Green Consulting
- Date: November 9, 2021
- Instructors: Jennifer Rennick, In Balance Green Consulting; Lauren Hotell, Franklin Energy
- Categories: 2019 Energy Code, ADUs
- Presentation: Slide Deck