Greenhouse Optimization – Aligning Your Systems With Your Surroundings
Greenhouse controls can be more complicated because they have to contend with more extreme variations in climatic conditions and solar radiation that are harder to predict. Learn best practices for lighting and environmental controls in greenhouses. Daily and seasonal variation of the Sun can quickly influence facility heat gain, plant photosynthetic rate, and transpiration rate at varying rates across the canopy in greenhouses. Understand how to compete and comply with upcoming code changes. Save energy by automating vents and light deprivation systems, supplemental lighting systems, and cooling systems in greenhouses.
Topical areas include:
- Best Practices for Advanced Controls & Automation in Cultivation: Greenhouse
- Understanding California Title 24, Part 6, Energy Code
- Building Envelope & Shading Devices
- Greenhouse Lighting Controls & Automation Best Practices
- Greenhouse Environmental Controls Best Practices: Avoiding Microclimates for Plant Health
Target audience: Cultivators, Operations & Facility Staff, Design & Construction Partners, Property Owners, Utility & Government Representatives.
- Date: December 2, 2021
- Instructor: Gretchen Schimelpfenig, Resource Innovation Institute
- Categories: Cannabis, Agriculture
- Presentation: Slide Deck