SmartShare Small Home Living Series: CA Codes and Code Help
Get a walkthrough of an all-electric 176 square foot tiny home and learn how it does and doesn’t meet energy code compliance. Our experts will share tips on what code compliance you should keep in mind for other tiny home or ADU projects in the tri-county region.
- Learn how computer simulated energy modeling calculations work vs. prescriptive code compliance
- Understand inputs of plan modeling, including window type/sizes, water heating, insulation, vents, etc.
- Recognize how window size and placement can add high value to small home spaces and also create challenges with code compliance
- Identify resources to right-size on-site renewable energy and energy storage systems
- Consider code compliant and practical water heating alternatives for small living spaces
- Explore other areas where code compliance may be challenging and confusing for small houses and where code exceptions may be needed to recognize inherent efficiency of small homes
- Date: January 28, 2024
- Instructor: Smart Share Housing Solutions
- Categories: Electrification, Energy Code