Passive House Windows
In this course, we’ll cover the basics of the Passive House standard and the specifics as it relates to high performance windows; the design and detailing of Passive house windows; the specific design, modeling, and calculations required to implement passive house windows successfully; and the window installation process. The course will look at the specific drivers that relate to window performance including issues of thermal comfort, visual comfort, aesthetic considerations, and energy efficiency.
- Identify different key components that make up high-performance windows.
- Analyze and review different strategies for siting, orienting, and shading buildings.
- Complete basic calculations related to windows and air temperature differences including calculating window U-values.
- Identify and describe different methods for how to install PH windows effectively, including thermal bridge free installations, over insulation, and proper shading.
- Date: August 15, 2023
- Instructor: Steve Mann, Passive House Network and Home Services
- Categories: Passive House
- Presentation: Slide Deck